Throughout the year, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major planning amendments. We are currently seeking feedback on two items related to the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). The UPWP is an annual planning document that promotes a regional approach to transportation planning in order to achieve regional transportation goals and objectives.
In short, the UPWP:
- Details major transportation projects, with information about who will perform the work, project schedule, activity goals and project budget.
- Documents the proposed spending of federal, state and local funds.
- Compiles information from local governments, area transit providers and the state departments of transportation.
Major initiatives proposed for 2015 UPWP include responses to MAP-21, the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act; completion of the Transportation Outlook 2040 update; continuation of the Planning Sustainable Places initiative; analysis of regional transportation performance measures; development of the 2016–2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP); and a Bus Rapid Transit study for Prospect Avenue. A complete list of major goals and initiatives is outlined on the transportation public input webpage.
This amendment includes:
- Revision of task 2.5, Transportation Research and Database Management: reduction of staff expenditures (funding decrease of $20,000).
- Revision of task 1.1, Program Administration: funding for equipment replacement (funding increase of $20,000).
- Addition of task 6.9, KC Workforce CONNEX: MARC and its area transit partners were awarded a $1.2 million TIGER (Transportation Improvements Generating Economic Recovery) grant for a study to double the number of jobs accessible by transit over 10 years.
- Adjustment of the MARC operating expense budget in Appendix C, Schedule 3 to reflect changes in tasks 1.1 and 2.2, as described above.
Please submit your comments by Thursday, Nov. 6.
- By mail: Mid-America Regional Council, 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64105
- By phone: 816-474-4240
- By fax: 816-421-7758
- By email: email@example.com