Periodically, MARC seeks public comments on transportation planning efforts and major amendments to transportation plans. Our public input page provides details about how to submit your comments. All comments will be documented and reviewed by MARC’s Total Transportation Policy Committee.
We are currently seeking public feedback on two transportation-related items:
Amendment #8 to Transportation Outlook 2040 (comments due by Sept. 5)
Transportation Outlook 2040, the Kansas City region’s Metropolitan Transportation Plan, is a blueprint that details how the region will manage, operate and invest in its multimodal transportation system over the next 25 years. It describes the transportation needs of the metropolitan area and broadly categorizes $18 billion in transportation expenditures. Amendments are made to Transportation Outlook 2040 as new projects, funding or programs arise.
- Modification to Project #805: I-49/US-71 and MO 291 Interchange Improvements in Harrisonville; adds a second phase to this project, which will increase the total project cost by $5 million.
- Adding Project #1003: I-435 Pavement Replacement (KA-3993-01) for replacement and reconstruction for six lanes of pavement of I-435 from one-half mile east of the Quivira Road junction to the bridges over Metcalf Avenue.
- Adding Project #1004: 1-35 Pavement Replacement (KA-3560-01) for the replacement of concrete pavement on I-35 from north of K-7 interchange to Santa Fe Street.
More information about these projects, including locations, project sponsors and costs are available online at http://marc.org/Transportation/Public-Input/assets/TO2040_Amend8_Aug2014
2014 Special Amendment #3 to the 2014–2018 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
(comments due by Sept. 5)
The TIP is an important, short-term planning document that helps budget funds for significant transportation improvements in the region. It identifies significant projects that receive federal funds and will be implemented over the next three to five years. MARC amends the TIP on a quarterly basis to document changes to projects in the TIP.
The proposed Special Amendment #3 to the 2014–2018 TIP includes three new projects and four project modifications, including
- #380142 —Pavement replacement/reconstruction on I-435 from one-half mile east of Quivira Road, east to Metcalf Avenue in Johnson County, Kansas.
- #634066 – Bridge replacement on Santa Fe Road over the BNSF railroad tracks in Sibley, Missouri.
- #970097 — SHRP2 (C20) – Proof-of-concept Freight Data Integration.
- #380137 — I-35 pavement replacement, from north of I-35/K-7, north to I-35/Santa Fe in Jackson County, Missouri.
Details of projects in the TIP amendment can be found online: http://www.marc.org/Transportation/Plans-Studies/Transportation-Plans-and-Studies/TIP/TIP-Amendment-Archive/Archive-assets/14SpecAmend3.aspx
Additional information about the MARC transportation planning process can be found in A Guide to Transportation Decision-Making and MARC’s Public Participation Plan.